Tuesday, January 11, 2011

normal!

Apparently my blood-stuff levels are all back to normal.  My OB thinks that's pretty shocking, I think she expected me to take longer to "heal".   Frankly, so did I...  I thought maybe my RBC count would be lower than normal, and I'd have to take more iron.  But maybe not.

I will be making an appointment with the hematologist soon.  Maybe he'll have some answers to my abnormalities.  Dr. Eisenhauer (the aforementioned OB) told me last Friday, on my last post partum checkup, that she hasn't really even heard of what I went through the first time, let alone see/experience it twice.  Apparently post partum hemorrhage, which I thought was what I went through, generally happens right after you deliver the baby.  In my case, both times, I delivered, was fine, and 2-3 hours later, bleed out uncontrollably.  Her best guess is that the problem is with some kind of later-working clot factors.

She also offered grief counseling...  She thought she should have mentioned it earlier, but we just seemed "strong and put-together", that she didn't think of it sooner.  I don't feel strong and put-together sometimes...  And Kris and I still get pretty emotional about it.  Dr. E said that it was a very traumatic experience for her as well, and that it would be more so for me.  I don't know...  When do you know you need grief counseling?  We've definitely grieved, especially over the fact that we most likely won't have any more babies.  We've cried over what happened & what may have happened.  Maybe the fact that I'm not sure about it means I need counseling?  I don't know.

Anyway.  The blood test results at least make me feel like a normal person once again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment