Saturday, January 15, 2011

and then there were four...

My brother left today for school once again.  This means that for the first time since Kai was born, we are alone, just the four of us.  The house seems even emptier than before, but I'm really really glad that Seung Ri could be here for a while after my parents left to soften the blow.  I love having him here - it gives me security, just having family around.  And with all the help he's been around the house, with the babies & chores, he's been invaluable.  And we get to game together.  :)  (Thanks, bro!) 

Anyway.  So now, it's just us.  We all went to the mall today and as we were walking in the parking lot, Kris mused, "How did this happen?"  It's bizarre to think that our family has grown to four people.  Things are crazy around the house, especially when both kiddos start crying at the same time - but it's amazing to know that I have a family of my own.  A family that will be with me, family that I (Lord willing) don't have to say goodbye to for a long time.  Kids who will call me mom.  We are Vanderwater, party of four.

0 comments:

Post a Comment