Monday, November 8, 2010

it's drawing near...

Yep, the time is drawing near.  My mom & dad are going to be here in less than 24 hours.  Kris and I have been trying to the house "ready", although most of it is tidying & cleaning up that we needed to get done anyway.  It's just my mom, I really don't care if the house isn't super clean and/or neat.  She knows me. :D

I'm also trying to get some food ready, so when they get here, none of us have to worry too much about cooking for a couple days.  Making beef stock for some Korean soups, marinating ribs so they can just be tossed on the stove and simmer, kimchi, so my parents can taste my first home-made kimchi.  I hope they won't think it's really gross.

I have less than two weeks till the little guy comes!  It's crazy.  This past weekend was our last weekend just the three of us...  So we got Kris' parents to babysit and went out on a short date.  Dinner & tea at our favorite tea place.  It's an amazing thing, to be able to eat a whole meal & drink tea taking my time, without having to feed a very demanding (and greedy!) little person.  Usually, it's one bite for Alaise, one bite for mommy, one bite for Alaise, one bite for mommy...  So it was a refreshing change to feed just me.  (gasp!) 

And we just chilled at our tea place, drinking a ginormous cup of green tea lattes.  It is SO GOOD.  It's called All About Cha - a Korean chain, actually.  I know.  A Korean chain in Oklahoma??  And it was apparently the first one to open in America.  I love the environment, the price is about the same as Starbucks, and being tea lovers, we think the drinks are so much better there.  Any green tea drinks are amazing, and their Royal Black Chai?  To die for.  Seriously.

Anyway.  Gotta go finish cooking. And tonight, we're in for our last little bit of cleaning.  Or, not so little...

0 comments:

Post a Comment