Wednesday, November 3, 2010

bye bye, Max

We gave our kitty away today.  I admit, he was more of a bother to me as of late, but we've had him since he was a tiny little kitten, and I really really hope he will work out with the new owner.  He seems like a really nice guy, he's a college student but seemed very responsible and mature.  He even brought his own pet carrier.  Max does really well with grown-ups, so I really hope he'll be happy there, with the new owner and his roommate.  We haven't been able to give him what he needed for a long long time...  We've felt bad for keeping him out in the porch all alone all the time, without human affection or interaction.  But I just could NOT handle cat fur everywhere, especially when Alaise touches everything.  I did not have the patience or the stamina to keep up with the cat, making sure he didn't get in the toilet, chew toilet paper, or making sure he didn't get on our bed or in the nursery...  Making sure all the doors were shut, especially when Alaise was napping... (and the fact that if I shut the door, I couldn't peak in to check on her without waking her.)  Just couldn't do it any longer.

I really really hope he'll be happy, and he'll make his humans happy.

(And I really hope I won't be getting another email saying "This isn't working out, please take him back."  Cuz, the second baby is coming any day now, and my parents are coming, and we need to get the back room all cleaned up.  We just can't take him back again.  Seriously.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment