Thursday, April 28, 2011

random thoughts

*It's a weird feeling, to be playing computer games with my husband, my brother, and his friends.  I feel very out of place & old.  But still fun.  (And to be hearing Mr. Wickham's voice through Eric's microphone on Skype.)
*I get tired of eating out so much.  Kris' parents eat out a lot, and I think I'd much rather cook for us and eat at the house, than eat out all the time.  I get worried that Alaise is getting more and more used to salty & fried foods.
*I never thought I'd love nursing.  I still don't, really.  But one time during the day, I do love - around midnight, when I dream feed Kai before I go to bed.  I love that he's mostly asleep, curled up, not getting distracted by anything and everything.  I cherish being able to just look at him, and enjoy his small-ness that will not last very much longer.
*Speaking of nursing, I never thought I'd be nursing full time at 5 months.  Praise the Lord.
*Speaking of the Lord, we are going to dedicate our babies at church on Mother's Day.  I'm really excited.  Although it seems to be an "American church" thing, I read a short documentation that our pastor wrote up, and I really like his view on it.  And even if it is just a church-y thing, I'm excited to participate in it.
*I am SO unmotivated to do house work these days.  Being a clean & tidy wife is so unmotivating...  Dishes will be there tomorrow, whether I do them today or not.  Same thing is true with all the chores.  I put it off, and put it off.  How do some women keep their house clean & tidy 24/7?  I just can't seem to.  I'd much rather enjoy my (luke warm at best) coffee and a show on Hulu...  I guess that makes me a lazy wife.
*I love my husband.  This October will be our 10 year anniversary of being together, and he still makes my heart warm & fuzzy.  And he's willing to do painful things for me.  It was heartbreaking to see him in pain.
*I never realized how big a year and a half olds were.  I thought kids Lacey's age were like...  Three.  She's grown so much, it's insane.
*I can't seem to get my Genovese basil to grow very well in a pot.  The sweet basil, on the other hand, seems to be doing better.  My cucumber plant totally wilted and died without sprouting a single new leaf.  The tomatoes seem to be flourishing.  Not too much success with the grass seeds.  Lavender doesn't seem to be doing too well either...  I'm thinking it needs a bigger pot.
*We cleaned up our sun room and WE LOVEEEE IT.  LOVE IT.  LOVE IT.
*I wish we could turn off AF when we're done having kids.  It's very inconvenient.
*Speaking of, I think it is slightly unfair that AF came back so quickly.  So much for breastfeeding delaying fertility.  I'm not so lucky.
*I definitely think the birth certificate for Obama is relevant.  But not to a point of sending out emails about the serial number of it and stuff.  It's just not going to make a difference at this point, one way or another.  I'm tired of hearing about it.  (They talk about it on The View almost every single morning, for Pete's sake.)
*I am super excited about our first Farmer's market trip this Saturday.  Maybe they will have  yummy blueberries.  Alaise LOVES blueberries.
*Milano cookies - I adore you.
*Purchased leggings for the first time.  We'll see how they fare.  On that note, I'm needing new jeans.  SMALLER jeans. :D  My size 8s are too big anymore to look nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment