Saturday, October 23, 2010

birthday weekend

So, yesterday was Alaise's first birthday.  I'm proud to say (for no real good reason), I didn't cry. :)  I didn't want to start down that path and feel ick all day long.  I fixed her seaweed soup for lunch, and we had a small birthday meal.  And dinner was at WHAM, our church group.  She was such a happy girl...  She's always been very social, and she loves being around new people.  She was being so cute all night long.

Anyway.  Today will be a full day, although I've had some down time already.  Went to Sam's this morning to grab some finger foods for the party tomorrow.  They always have decent frozen stuff.  I didn't end up buying cheesecakes...  But for my hubby, I did buy the Eclaires.  He loves those. :D

I've already baked 2 batches of cupcakes - white cupcakes & coconut cupcakes.  The coconut cupcakes are very yummy, but not very coconut-y.  I'm debating whether to just frost it with regular frosting, or go ahead and make cream cheese frosting and top it with coconut...  The rest of the day will consist of: (if my hubby gets around to coming back from his morning session at the office)

*Bake chocolate zucchini cupcakes
*Make 2 breakfast casseroles
*Make 1 bread pudding
*Make frosting
*Possibly transport all we can to IL's house, where the party will be

Tomorrow morning:
*Frost cupcakes (this may need to be done tonight...  I'm just not sure how much in advance I can frost cookies!)
*Make fruit salad
*Pop the casseroles, bread pudding, and Sam's frozen appetizers in the oven at IL's.

It doesn't seem like much...  But I am mentally and emotionally overwhelmed.  Oh, and I want to wrap and/or take pictures of some of the gifts I got her for her birthday too.  Kris says he wants to get her something from "daddy"...  But I don't know if that's going to happen.

How is my little Lacey Bug already 1 year old?  Really??  How did that happen???

0 comments:

Post a Comment