Wednesday, December 15, 2010

shopping

I'm just not a huge shopper.  I enjoy it once in a while, but definitely in moderation.  Unlike my mother-in-law, who almost literally shops till she drops (she ends up buying new comfy shoes cuz she can't walk anymore), I get tired of going through so much stuff quickly.  Kinda like garage sale-ing, I guess - I just don't have the patience to go through everyone's "junk" for hours to find a gem.

So, I hate Christmas shopping.  It's such a challenge for me, especially when most of the time, I don't even know what people like or need.  It is pretty easy to buy for Kris, as I usually have a pretty good mental note from throughout the year to know what he's been wanting, or what he'd enjoy.  But even purchasing gifts for in-laws is difficult...  Clothes, jewelry, stuff...  It seems like they have it all already.  I especially hate scrambling for gifts a couple days before Christmas - it really, really stresses me out.

This year, I've vowed to get my shopping done early.  Thank God for the internet!  Because I hate wandering the mall with Kris, asking, "Do you think they'll like this?  What do they want?" a million times, I've been browsing the internet for my gifts, and I've loved it.  Not only can I stay home (with two babies, this is the most important!) and buy gifts with a click of a button, I can have them delivered right to my door...  All I have to do is wrap them!  And this year, I've been fortunate to have my family here with me, and I think I got something for them that (hopefully) they'll like.  :)  They're such nazis about "stuff", because they don't want to have to move around with more stuff that they have to pack.  But I think what I got them are pretty good and un-bulky.

AND, having babies and their pictures - gifts for grandparents have gotten better & easier, I think. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment